who we are and what we value
SKT espouses the values of hard work and ‘going the extra mile’ to meet and exceed the expectations of its clients while maintaining its professional standards and integrity.
The Firm works hard to empower both its clients and its employees to contribute to both their communities and the nation.
By far, SKT’s biggest asset is its people. The Firm is proud of its record as an equal opportunity employer and invests heavily in the professional development and promotion of PNG male and female accounting professionals.
The Firm has current staff strength of 31 employees across both of its offices in Port Moresby and Kokopo.
- 2 Partners Both qualified CPA’s with extensive experience of 15 to 20 years
- 1 Principal, Qualified CPA in PNG & Australia with over 20 years experience
- 1 Director Qualified CPA with over 10 years experience
- 4 Managers All Qualified CPA’s with experience ranging from 7 to 10 years
- 19 Professional client facing staff with majority pursuing CPA qualification
- 4 Administrative Support Staff
Over 50% of the Firm's staff are female and majority bring work experience gained from working with internationally recognized accounting firms.
SKT is led by dynamic Partners that have significant accounting, taxation and audit experience and utilize their knowledge of the PNG market to provide relevant insight and guidance to their clients.
Arthur Sam CPA, AICD
Arthur is the Firm’s Managing Partner and head of Assurance & Advisory and has over 20 years experience providing accounting and auditing services.
He graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Commerce from the University of Papua New Guinea, qualifying as a CPA in 1998 and has held Managerial roles with Deloitte and PwC in PNG and overseas.
Arthur is an Independent Board Member of Bank South Pacific and previously sat on the Audit and Risk Management Committee of Nasfund .
John Tubangliu, FCPA
John is the Partner in charge of the Kokopo office and has over 15 years experience providing accounting and audit services in PNG.
He graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Accounting from Divine Word University in Papua New Guinea and had over 9 years experience as a finance professional, having worked with Deloitte and a multinational mining corporation prior to his Partnership with SKT.
Over the last ten years SKT has developed its reputation as a trusted advisor and has a proven track record as an alternative service provider to some of the most recognized organizations in PNG. Our clients include;
- NGIP Agmark Limited
- Caritas Australia Limited
- Brian Bell Group
- Mineral Resources Development Corporation
- PNG Ports Corporation Limited
- Hides Gas Development Company Limited
- Kumul Consolidated Holdings Limited
- Innovative Agro Industry Limited
- Majestic Seafood Corporation Limited
- Water PNG Limited
- Mineral Resources Authority
- Nautilus Minerals Group
- Big Rooster (PNG) Limited
- Ashton Brunswick Limited
- Nambawan Trophy Group
- Simberi Mines Services
- World Vision
- MRL Capital
- Coffee International
- National Gaming Control Board
- Post PNG Limited
- Petromin PNG Holdings
- PNG Air Services
- Niugini Pilots Limited